Types of Giving in the Bible- 12 Powerful Examples of Giving
In this article, let us briefly look at twelve types of givers and types of giving in the Bible:
1) The Willing Giver – Abraham, who offered his only son (Genesis 22:1-19).
2) The Big Little Giver – The widow, who in giving two mites, gave all she had (Mark 12:42-44).
3) The Stingy Giver – Saul, who wanted to offer the spoils of the Amalekites (1 Samuel 14:17-23).
4) The Sacrificial Giver – David, who refused to give that which cost him nothing (2 Samuel 24:24).
5) The Covetous Givers – Ananias and Sapphira, who held back part of the price of their possession pretending to give all (Acts 5:1-10).
6) The Consecrated Givers – The Macedonians, who first gave of themselves to the Lord (2 Corinthians 8:1-5).
7) The Life Givers – Peter and John, who had neither silver or gold, but instead gave life to the lame man (Acts 3:1-9).
8) The Voluntary Giver – Zacchaeus, who gave of his goods to feed the poor without being asked (Luke 19:1-9).
9) The Reward Givers – Those who gave to be seen of men. They had their only reward here on earth (Matthew 6:2).
10) The Unpretentious Giver – The Samaritan, who made no show of his giving (Luke 10:25-37).
11) The Perfumed Givers – The Philippians, whose gifts were “an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God” (Philippians 4:18).
12) The Greatest Giver – God, who gave His only begotten Son for you and me that we might be saved (John 3:16-17).
In this list of types of giving in the Bible, which giver best describes you? Let’s seriously think about this list of various types of givers and then strive to give our best to the Lord and His service. The Lord gave us the best that heaven had to offer, the sacrifice of His Son (Hebrews 9:11-14; 1 Peter 1:18-19).